By the year 2021, experts estimate that digital ad spending worldwide will exceed $375 billion. If you want to make sure your business gets noticed now and into the future, it’s essential that you start focusing on online advertising and make it part of your overall marketing and branding strategy.
It’s understandable if you feel a little overwhelmed when it comes to creating online ads. After all, there are many different types that you can use, and it’s hard to know which ones to utilize for the best results.
If you’re not sure where to begin, keep reading. Listed below is everything you need to know about these ads, including the best places to put them on display to ensure they get seen.
Why Online Advertising Matters
These days, with people spending so much time on the internet each day for shopping, socialization, education, and more, most business owners get why it’s important to advertise online. If you’re still on the fence about jumping into this arena, though, here are some benefits of online ads that might convince you to take the plunge:
- Flexibility: It’s easy to tailor your online ads so that they appeal to members of your target audience and work on a variety of different platforms
- Meet Customers Where They Are: Your customers are already spending time online; why not meet them where they are?
- Build Brand Awareness: Online advertising is an incredible tool for building brand awareness and getting people interested in what you’re selling
- Save Money: There’s a lot of flexibility in the pricing of online ads, so it’s easy to create a plan that fits your budget
- Keep Up with Competitors: Your competitors are most likely spending time and money on online advertising; if you want to have a chance of beating them, you ought to do the same
Top 3 Places for Online Ads
When it comes to advertising your business online, there are a few different ways to get your name out there. For the best results, here are the top three places to share online ads:
Social advertising involves the use of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to promote your business and get your advertisements in front of a larger audience (at least 72 percent of adults use social media regularly).
In addition to an increased reach, there are plenty of other benefits that come with using social advertising, including:
- Increased clicks and website traffic
- Improved search engine rankings
- Increased conversions
- Cost-effective marketing (most social platforms have very affordable advertising rates and packages)
- Increased brand authority
- Increased brand loyalty (77 percent of people are more likely to buy from a brand that they follow on social media)
- Increased credibility
Social advertising also provides you with useful data. Through different platforms, you can monitor the performance of your ads to see which ones people best respond to. This, in turn, informs future campaigns and helps you to create ads that cause people to stop scrolling and click.
Display advertising involves displaying your ads in strategic locations on various websites. Display ads can show up at the top of a webpage, along the sides, or even in the middle of a piece of web content.
Like social advertising, display advertising comes with a number of benefits, including the following:
- Increased brand awareness
- Increased website clicks
- Increased conversions and sales
Display ads are visually appealing, too, and, as is the case with social ads, they come with the added bonus of providing you with helpful metrics. It’s easy to monitor the effectiveness of your display ads and find out how many people are clicking on specific ones. By doing this, you can figure out which ads are generating the most attention and tailor your approach for better conversions later on.
When a person is searching for a particular product or service online, they’ll often come across search ads. These are “sponsored” ads that appear at the top of the search engine results page.
The great thing about search advertising is that it allows you to put your product or service directly in front of someone who desires it. This increases the likelihood that they’ll actually follow through with a purchase since you’re meeting their needs.
Search advertising is a highly targeted form of online advertising. It allows you to create very specific ads that are more likely to result in actual sales.
Do I Really Need to Advertise in All 3 Places?
In short, the answer is “yes”.
If you want to maximize the results of your advertising efforts, a multifaceted approach is going to be more beneficial. The most successful businesses don’t pigeonhole themselves into one form of advertising, so why should you?
When you’re advertising in multiple places, it’s easier for you to increase brand awareness, expand your reach, and help people get more interested in buying what you sell.
Level Up Your On Ads Today
Clearly, online advertising is essential if you want your business to succeed in 2020 and beyond. Make sure you’re utilizing all three of these types of online ads so you can get the most bang for your buck and reach as many people as possible with every campaign.
Want to learn more about online advertising and marketing your business? Fill out the form below and a Baam team member will get in touch with you quickly!